Saturday, September 13, 2008

Responsible Addicts?

In anticipation of starting my shots yesterday I made a run to the store to get band-aids and alcohol wipes, but I forgot to buy a needle disposal container. I meant to pick one up this afternoon while I was running errands (2 pairs of great boots for $50 total!) and forgot once again. (Does progesterone make you forget things?)

Anyway, at 7:15 I headed out to CVS. I expected to be able to pick one up in the main area of the store, which is where I bought a couple of them last time we did IVF. I couldn't find any - come to find out they only sell them from behind the pharmacy counter and the pharmacy was closed for the evening.

I find this so strange. Why in the world would they need to keep these plastic containers behind the pharmacy counter? I can understand needles or medications, but an innocuous (albeit plastered with "biohazard" warnings) disposal container? What, are they worried that some heroin addict is going to steal one and responsibly dispose of his used needles?

And what good is a CVS pharmacy if it is closed at 7:00 on a Saturday?

No comments: