Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Longest Wait Ever

I swear this has been the longest wait ever between a transfer and a pregnancy test. The time is just dragging, and I am going crazy. I won't even admit to how many home tests I've done so far (all negative, of course). Knowing it's still too early to test isn't enough to stop me. It's like there is some sort of magnetic pull between my fingers and the box of pregnancy tests in the closet. I can't seem to get the logical part of my brain to override the urge to keep on testing.

I don't even know if I will still be alive by the time the actual blood test rolls around. I think I've managed to age 80 years in the last nine days.

Isn't there any way we can speed up the clock?

2 comments:

fiona said...

When do you go in for the "official" test? The wait is the worst, but I would think now you have a little bit more to keep your mind off it somewhat...like a MOVE to NYC in a MONTH!! Wowsers! But, yeah, no ideas about how to speed up the time, sorry :P

Julia said...

Isn't it sad that we all buy pregnancy tests in bulk from Costco? Pins and needles here, too. (For you.)