Monday, September 1, 2008

FET Rocks!

I am at the beginning of an IVF cycle, hoping to use our frozen embryos. Compared to a stimulated cycle it's almost... dreamy. So far it's gone like this:

Bonnie: I started my period today
Doctor: Great, start the estrogen patches and we'll see you in two weeks.
Bonnie: Sweet!

No shots until transfer, no sore ovaries, no daily blood draws or ultrasounds, no recovery from surgery. I really hope one of our frozen embryos will work.

It still seems so strange to me that it is even possible to do this. I hope the embryos have been good little hibernators. If they are anything like their mother, they will not enjoy being woken up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooo! I'm SO excited for you, Bonnie! I hope it all goes smoothly and as easy as possible for you. Keep us posted! I'm very curious about all these IVF procedures since I most likely will have to undergo them at some point.

fiona said...

Yippee! And WOW. I'm so jealous I don't have any little frosties. The good-natured jealous, not the other one. No shots...it's like a dream come true! I am sure your little guys will grumpily awaken and then promptly decide your uterus is a nice, cozy new home and just hang out there for the next nine months. I'm so excited for y'all!! here are some sticky vibes, baby dust, and all that other online stuff they say, and of course, a few extra prayers!